Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chapter Six

Ariana

“Well this is it.” Jamison said as he opened the door to his building. Ariana just stood there looking around the place. “Sit.” Jamison said pointing to the couch. Ariana made her way over to the couch to sit down. “So is it just you here?” She asked. “Yes, it is. But I’m not here some days. Some days I have to travel out of town to train some clients.”

“How often does that happen?” Ariana asked. “Just about every other week. Sometimes I’m away for a month. I never really know until I get the call.” Ariana thought it would be kind of interesting to travel around to train people for a little while but she wouldn’t really want that for a job. Jamison walked down the hall way, into his bathroom, grabbed a towel and said “I’m about to hit the shower. You can turn on the TV or do just about whatever while you’re waiting.” Ariana sat back, turned on the TV, and started flipping through the channels. She couldn’t find anything she wanted to watch so she decided to get up and snoop around the house. She looked through his drawers and cabinets to find he didn’t have much stuff in his place. She heard the door to the bathroom open up when she was still in Jamison’s room. He came into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist. He couldn’t see anything because he was wiping his face with a small towel in his hand. He shut the door behind him, and threw his towel off onto his bed. “Okay!” Ariana yelled as she turned around covering her face. “Ariana! I didn’t see you! I thought you were watching the television or something.” He said, wrapping the towel back around his waist. Ariana got up and headed for the door. After a couple minutes sitting in silence on the couch, Jamison walked out of the room and faced Ariana. “I’m sorry you had to see that, I should have made sure it was all clear in the room.”

“No I shouldn’t have been in the room. I’m really sorry.” Jamison walked into his small kitchen and opened up the fridge, his face was all red. “I’m not much of a cook so I’m thinking about ordering pizza tonight. Is that alright with you?” He asked Ariana. “Yes, that’s fine.” She just sat there, still, quiet, and waiting for the pizza to come. After fifteen minutes, the door bell rang. Jamison took the pizza, handed the guy the money, and sat the pizza on the coffee table in front of Ariana. He went back into the kitchen to get paper plates and then asked what Ariana wanted to drink. “Water.” She said. He brought out their plates and drinks then set them down on the coffee table next to the pizza.

“So what exactly were you doing in my room?” Jamison asked Ariana. It took her awhile to think of an excuse of why she was in his room. “I started getting cold so I was looking for a blanket.” was the first thing that came out of her mouth. “And you didn’t see the one right behind you on the couch?” He said pointing to the blanket. “No, I didn’t.” At 11:30 Jamison watched his TV show that came on every week. Ariana sat there staring at the TV, but wasn’t paying attention to it. She was thinking about what happened earlier. She was glad she wasn’t the one who didn’t have on any clothes in that situation. Although, Jamison being a physical trainer, his body was very nice and muscular. *No! He’s 23! I can’t think of him like that when it would be illegal to do anything in the first place. But who’s gonna know? Then again, I don’t know much about him. I just know he’s good looking. And I’m staying at his place for the night.* Ariana thought to herself. “It would be nice though.” She said out loud. “I’m sorry?” Jamison asked. *Did I just say that out loud?!* She wondered. “No. I mean nothing. I mean I didn’t mean to say that cause I meant to think it in my head. I mean, never mind.” She babbled. Jamison was still staring at her. “So doctors huh?” She said pointing to the TV, trying to focus their attention on the show. “You don’t watch shows like this?” Jamison asked. “Sometimes.” Ariana answered. “I almost forgot you don’t have clothes to sleep in for the night. I could make a quick run to the clothing store to get you something comfortable.” Jamison offered.

“No thanks. I’ll be fine.” Ariana answered. “In a sweat suit that’ll keep you hot? You could use a T-shirt and some shorts of mine for the night. If you would like to shower, the bathroom is down that hall. Towels and wash cloths are in the closet beside it.” Jamison said. After awhile, Ariana got up to take a shower. After coming out of the bathroom, wrapped up in her towel, she remember she didn’t ask Jamison for clothes before she got in. She walked down the hall and into the family room where Jamison was, and peeked her head around the corner so he could only see her face. “I need clothes.” She said slowly. Jamison got up from the couch and walked back into his room, opened up his drawers and got out a big black T-shirt and black loose shorts. “This should do.” He said as he handed the clothes to Ariana. “If you need anything else, I’ll be on the couch.” He walked out of the room and shut the door behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment