Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chapter Two.

Giatta


Giatta woke up and found that is was pleasantly quiet in the house. She got out of her bed, sure she looked a mess. Late last night she had a shower in her own personal bathroom. It was really weird living in a house with a bunch of teenage strangers that all happened to be boys. She hopped out of her bed with her black short Sophie's and a white tank top and threw on her dark purple hoodie, slipped on her colorful, striped, knee-high socks, pulled her long wavy hair into a messy bun, and walked around the some-what chilly house looking around to see who was up. They were all crashed out except for Adam, whom she half-way expected to be up. He was sitting on the couch with his head
down, looking serious, reading a book with black rimmed glasses on. He then looked up when he realized she was walking his way. "Oh hey Gigi." he said taking off his glasses and looking up at her. "Hey, don't let me stop you from reading." she said sitting on the other end of the couch. "Oh, no I was about to stop reading for now anyways. I'm kind of hungry, want some grub?" he said setting his book down on a coffee table. "I'm not all that hungry but what do you have?" Adam looked at Giatta, "Nothing here." He stopped for a little bit to stare at her "But, there is a breakfast shack up the road, about 20 minutes, on the beach." he paused again waiting for Giatta to answer. "If you wanna go-" he finished. "Sure! Just let me change if you want to wait?" She said slowly walking backwards to her room. "Take your time but it isn't fancy so no need for make-up, or fixing up your hair, or high heels. Haha" Giatta just forced a little smile. Oh I'm at least putting on mascara. She then went into the room and shut the door behind her, throwing off her clothes, and putting on ripped denim shorts, a black school team, t-shirt, and flip-flops. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, brushed out her hair, then pulled it back up into another messy bun, applied a little bit of mascara, and felt fresh. "Ready?" Adam said as he saw her exiting her room. "Ready." she answered. Walking out the door a boy named Jacob asked "Where y'all goin'?"

"The breakfast shack on the beach." Adam said. "Oh! Just give me a minute and I'll be ready in no time." yelled Jacob. "Well actually I was just gonna take Giatta, so-"
"It won't take me long at all! Just wait a minute." Adam looked at Giatta in a way that he was annoyed so he just sighed heavily. "It's okay. I don't mind anyone else coming." Giatta said trying to lighten the mood. Jacob and Giatta got in Adam's truck. "Jacob, back." Adam said. "Okay, okay." Jacob got into the back as Giatta sat in the front seat.

Jacob talked the whole way there, Giatta and Adam couldn't say anything if they wanted. After 30 minutes they finally arrived, being stopped by the traffic. "Okay, Jacob! You talk way too much and I didn't bring enough money for more than two people really and I'm not making my way to the bank just yet, so-" Adam said in the nicest way he could. "Well I brought about 15 bucks so I can pay for myself. Sorry I came with out asking I just really needed to get out." "Well maybe you should ask next time." Adam said. Adam got out of the truck and opened Giatta's door and helped her out. They walked in to see the long line that formed half way around the restaurant but only 2 empty booths open. "Jacob, go grab that booth before anyone else gets it." Adam said as he pointed towards a booth in the back corner. The way the restaurant worked was odd. First you stand in line to get a number, then you sit down, and wait for a waiter to come take your order by the number you have. After 30 minutes Adam was getting frustrated being only half way through the line. "Are you okay?" Giatta said looking at his red face. "We can go somewhere else if you want. It's fine with me." She finished. "No, they have the best pancakes. I'll wait another 30 minutes if I have to." I guess he really wants his pancakes then. She thought. Finally getting the number, Giatta wasn't pleased with it being 28. They headed towards the booth to find Jacob with his head down. "Is he okay?" Giatta whispered to Adam. "He's probably just tired. It's only 8:40 and he usually wakes up at noon." The two sat down joining Jacob waiting for the waiter to come. Staring down at the menu, Giatta didn't know what to get. "What are you getting?" Adam asked her. "I'm not sure yet. I'm not that hungry so maybe just an orange juice." Adam laughed, "An orange juice? Now I didn't bring you here to have some orange juice. We have that at the house."

"Okay then, I'll order those pancakes you say are so amazing." When the waitress finally came to take their order it took Jacob 15 minutes to figure out what he wanted. After 30 minutes the food arrived. Adam was right. The pancakes were good and worth waiting for. They were thick, fluffy, crisp but soft light pancakes. Giatta only ate one pancake before she was full. Adam, on the other hand, ate the 3 he had, ordered 6 more and ate all those then saw Giatta hadn't touched anymore of her's; so he asked "You gonna eat those?" Giatta scooted her plate over to him and he ate the other 2 she didn't want. Breakfast went by fast as Giatta watched people enter and exit the restaurant. Adam didn't talk much because he was stuffing his face with pancake after pancake. "So we're gonna go back to the house after this then I need to go back out by myself. Actually, Giatta wanna come with me?" Adam asked. "Sure." She said. Around 10:40 they left from being back at the house already. "So where is it you need to go?" Giatta asked Adam. "Just wanted to spend one-on-one time with you so I could know you a little better. I know you told me a lot about yourself last night but I wanna take you to some place you like to call fun. Where would that be?" Giatta sat there thinking about it then said "Well I like adventures. Running around doing anything and everything. Being free. I like to live. Take me anywhere and I can make fun out of it." Adam smiled "You sound like my kind of girl."
"What?" Giatta was confused on how he meant it. "I mean, adventurous, crazy, care free, trying to actually have fun and doing whatever, is all I'm saying." Giatta then smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment